Loose Ends


"In the mix"

I was very confused about what I was was going to shoot for my photo story until I stopped into Suite 0. Since they first opened in a tiny closet-like room under Starbucks in downtown Corvallis I have shopped there. After talking to Mikey, Gabe, and Payton about vintage gems I asked if I could shoot their shop. They happily agreed and asked if I wanted to shoot Loose Ends. Over the next few days, I was in and out of the store and learned a lot about the conception of the store and what brought them together. 
Gabe Noller, Payton Smyer, and Mikey Turner all met through shopping local thrift stores, frustrated by the lack of stores for students to shop they soon formulated the groundwork for Suite 0. 
When asked on how this store came to be Mikey had this to say "We all were independently selling vintage clothes before this, I worked at a menswear store here before it closed. After that, I knew I couldn't have a regular job I needed to sell clothes. So we all just saved money and put it into this. I was working in a kitchen and all the money from that went into Suite 0" 
When asked about his plans for the future OSU apparel design student Payton told me
"I graduate this term, and after that, I'm working here full time designing our own clothing. A lot of students come into Apparel Design and think that they are going to start their own brand. This usually isn't the case, but here I am, I really lucked out. I am blessed to do this."


 Two of the 3 owners, Mikey Turner, and Gabe Noller discussing Loose Ends plans a few days prior.

 Payton Smyer (co-owner) re-tagging shirts at Loose Ends

 Gabe Noller being Gabe Noller

 Mikey Turner patrolling the event

 3:40pm at Loose Sends

John Galarza and Hannah Elizabeth checking customers out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

week 3

RPG club

Portrait/Mug